I'm Kjartan —Designer
My personal mission is to be a force-multiplier and enabler for creative people.
These days, I’m serving that mission by running Causeway Studios, serving on the board of the Game Academy of the Ozarks, and designing and building tools for Unity users.
I ask difficult questions to facilitate the crafting of great experiences.
- Dec. '21
- Aug. '20Unity Technologies•Ended my time as a Sr. UX/Product Designer leading design for Unity’s Data-Oriented Technology Stack
Also contributed to efforts including Project Tiny, the visual design overhaul for the Unity Editor, Build Configurations, and Toolbars
- Feb. '20Causeway Studios•Co-founded a narrative-focused indie game studio
- Mar. '18Unity Technologies•Joined Unity as a Sr. UX/Product Designer on Project Tiny and eventually moved to leading design for the Data-Oriented Technology Stack
- Mar. '18Amazon.com•Ended my time as a UX Designer working on Subscription and Discovery Boxes within the Product Replenishment organization
- Dec. '17School of Visual Concepts•Completed UX Design certificate program
- Apr. '17Amazon.com•Transitioned from a Software Engineer role to a UX Designer role
- Mar. '17Amazon.com•Promoted to Software Engineer II
- Jan. '17School of Visual Concepts•Started UX Design certificate program
- Jan. '15Amazon.com•Started career ar a Software Engineer working on the Digital Software and Videogames retail category team